Farming, being one of the core occupations of Indian community always remains a hot topic! Every year, something new is added for the betterment of farmers and the whole country to produce quality food in the best way. Thanks to the everyday technological advancements in the field which is changing the shape of agriculture. Today, there is an array of latest farming equipment and methods you can use to fulfill the food demands and overall profitability from farming business. India has always been one of the largest tractor markets wherein some of the best tractor brands manufacture quality machines for quality work in optimal time. Well, it isn’t a day task – years of research, expertise and experience are involved in shaping the industry as we see it today. Let’s have a look over the top tractor companies in India, offering best-in-class tractors at reasonable privces:
- Mahindra tractors (Mahindra & Mahindra LTD Company)
- TAFE (Tractor & Farm Equipment Ltd.)
- John Deere
- New Holland
The very first brand that comes to your mind when the talk is about agriculture! Since 1983, Mahindra & Mahindra is a tractor manufacturing giant that sells highest range of tractors in terms of volume. The specialty of Mahindra tractors is their high performance, strength and best durability as compared to others.
Mahindra Tractors are available from 20 HP to 50 HP Plus range. Some popular Mahindra tractor models with different horsepower are:
- Mahindra YUVRAJ 215 NXT (upto 20HP)
- Mahindra JIVO 245 DI 4WD (21 to 30 HP)
- Mahindra YUVO 265 DI (31 to 40 HP)
- Mahindra YUVO 475 DI (41 to 50 HP)
- Mahindra 555 Power Plus (50 HP Plus)
TAFE tractors are powerful as well as durable. Manufactured using latest technology, they offer high performance within less time.
Some of the popular tractor models from TAFE along with their horsepower range are:
- 30 DI Orchard Plus 2WD (30 HP)
- 5900 DI 2WD (56 to 60 HP)
- 8502 DI 4WD (81 to 85 HP)
- 1002 4WD (100 HP)
Headquartered at Pune in India, John Deere has miraculously made its strong presence in India and the world. Its tractors are not only economical but also durable and offer high performance.
The John Deere tractors in India are available for a horsepower range from 35 HP to 75 HP with models like:
- John Deere 5036 C 2WD (35 HP)
- John Deere 5050 D 2WD (50 HP)
- John Deere 5310 2WD (55 HP)
- John Deere 5075 E 4WD (75 HP)
Swaraj manufactures versatile agricultural tractors in the horsepower range of 15 HP to 60 HP that can be used for a variety of farm applications.
- Swaraj 717 (15 HP)
- Swaraj 724XM (20 to 30 HP)
- Swaraj 834XM (30 to 40 HP)
- Swaraj 843XM (40 to 50 HP)
Under the New Holland brand comes the tractors with different series like Excel, Turbo, TX Plus, etc., within the horsepower range of 32 HP to 90 HP. Few top New Holland tractor models are:
- 4710 with Canopy 2WD (47 HP)
- Excel 9010 4WD (90 HP)
- 7500 Turbo Super 4WD (75 HP)
- Excel 8010 4WD (80 HP)
There is a huge range of tractors like ValueMaxx, LoadMaxx, AgMaxx, SuperMaxx, and InfraMaxx. Some of the popular Escorts Agri tractor models are:
- Farmtrac XP-37 Champion (XP Series; 37 HP)
- Farmtrac 6055 T20 Classic (Classic Series)
- Powertrac 434 Plus (DS Series; 37 HP)
- Powertrac ALT 3500 (ALT Series; 37 HP)
- Ferrari (26 HP)
- Steeltrac (12 HP)
Mahindra & Mahindra is undoubtedly one of the best tractor brands in agriculture. However, other brands as discussed above are also good in their own ways. As a farm owner/farmer/businessman, you can compare the price and specifications of different tractor models at your fingertips! To make a well-informed decision, you can compare top tractor brands at one place.
The selection of tractor depends upon a number of factors like HP, type of usage, price, availability and many more.