Have you heard about Mango Farming?
Obviously! you must have heard because it is a fruit which you like to eat the most in summer. And this is the fruit that is the king of all fruits.
What is Mango Farming?
Mango is a fruit which considered a gesture of friendship in India, and it is a symbol of the love of our hearts.
Mangoes are the most common fruit on the land. They are the delicious, sweet-smelling fruit of an evergreen tree (Mangifera indica), an individual from the cashew family (Anacardiaceae) of blooming plants.
Naturally, mango is a drupe, consisting of external skin, a meaty and pulpy palatable part, and a focal stone encasing a single seed – additionally called stone organic product, similar to a plum, cherry, or peach.
That’s why, we are here to give you complete information about Mango Farming in India.
What Is Special About Mango?
Are Mangoes Healthy?
Mango contains low calorie, which is high in fibre, and it is the best source of vitamin A and C. It also considers iron, calcium, zinc and vitamin E.
Why is it Famous?
Mango is a pulpy and juicy fruit, which is know as the king of fruits. It contains so many varieties, and all of them have different taste, colour and size.
Are mangoes good for you? Question arises in every mind.
Here Are Some Benefits Of Eating Mango and Facts About Mangoes.
On realizing the many benefits of mangoes and facts of mangoes, your fondness for this fruit will be enlarged. It is not only tasteful but also has so many health benefits. Here are some mangoes nutrition information and reasons why you should eat mangoes during summer. There are some facts about mango nutrition
- It holds low calories and high in nutrients, mainly vitamin C in mangoes.
- Rich in antioxidants.
- It helps to increase immunity.
- Give support to heart health.
- Improves digestive system.
- Supports our vision system.
- Improves hair fall and makes skin healthy.
History Of Mango Farming
Mango is an Indian fruit that originated in India over many thousand years ago. It is also known as an ancient sacred fruit and spread gradually throughout the world.
Mangoes have their native land to south Asia, from where the name “Common Mango” or “Indian Mango”. Mango becomes one of the most broadly cultivated fruits in the world. It is a national fruit of India and Pakistan.
If we talk about mythology, there are many stories about mangoes. Because mango is praised by the great Indian poet Kalidasa, the great Mughal king and many others.
Cultivation Of Mango
Mango farming requires deep and sandy loam soils, but heavy black cotton, alkaline soil should be ignored or avoided. Mango cultivation’s soil pH should be 5.5 to 7.5.
Its planting is generally done in the month of July-August in rainy areas and should be irrigated in February-march.
- How to plant?
- Plant the sticks to join plants with other plants at the centre of the dig along with the soil.
- The joining of plants should be made 15cm above ground level.
- Then they must be irrigated instantly after planting.
- They need support to make them grow straight.
Interesting Facts About Mangoes
- We all are well known about mangoes. But you have heard about these interesting facts which we are mentioning below.
- Can you guess how many mango varieties there are in the whole world? You will be shocked after knowing this, there are 500 mango fruit varieties.
- Not only in India but it is a national fruit of 3 countries.
- Mango is the most lovable fruit in the whole world because people eat mango more than any other fruit.
- Did you know, Bangladesh declared Mango Tree as its National Tree.
Types Of Mangoes
Nothing can beat the summer season when the talk is about delicious mouth-watering mangoes. It always plays a vital or important part in Indian lives with health benefits of mangoes. Mango-lovers are always ready or eager to explore and enjoy Mango Benefits with different Mangoes varieties of the king of fruit. Because mango nutritional value is good and healthy. So why wait? Let’s go explore.
1. Alphonso Mangoes ( Hapus Aam ) – Ratnagiri, Maharashtra
Alphonsos are available during mid-July. They are lovable internationally their sunshine yellow and aromatic appearances, and tempting taste. It is known as Hapus Aam. Maharashtra and its neighbouring regions like Ratnagiri are known as the most exclusive mango lover area, which is broadly famous for alphonso mango.
2. Kesar Mangoes – Junagadh, Gujarat
kesar mangoes praised their name because of their saffron appearance and delightful taste. It is highly known for its different sweet flavour, and it is considered as the “Queen of Mangoes” Girnar Hills of Junagarh. Gujarat and its neighbouring region are famous for their Kesar mangoes. It is available from May to July, and they are considered as an ingredient for amazing and exotic dishes.
3. Dasheri Mangoes – Lucknow and Malihabad, Uttar Pradesh
Dasheri mangoes are known as royal mangoes, which is very famous from the land of Nawabs, Lucknow. This town widely known for its mango chain of North India. They are available from mid-May to late August. Dasheri mangoes grown easily in different varieties of mangoes in India because of their wholesome taste.
4. Safeda Mangoes – Andhra Pradesh
Safeda or Benishan Mango is popular in different regions in Andhra Pradesh, especially in Banganpalle town. It is also called ‘The King of Mangoes in South India’. This fruit is significantly bigger than other varieties of mangoes, which is commonly sold mid-season in the market. Its average weighs about 350 – 400 grams. The thin and subtle skin of this mango is sweet in taste. Moreover, Safeda Mango is rich in Vitamin A and C, so it is good for health.
5. Langra Mangoes – Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Langra Mango is famous for its Langra variety of mangoes. Natives of these mangoes can easily narrate the story, a farmer who cultivated this type of mangoes. Banarasi Langra mangoes are available in June-July and very appreciated for their lemon-yellow skin and delicious taste.
So, these are the types of mangoes even there are so many more to explore.
Uses Of Mangoes
No wonder there are many mango lovers who always wait for mango season, there are a lot of uses of mangoes. Here are some recipes for mangoes for all of you.
Quick and easy recipe, which contains sweetened milk, cream and our favourite yummy mango.
Easy to prepare and India’s favourite sweet dish. Generally, we use alphonso mango for making Aamras.
Creamy, softy and yummy mango ice cream can be make with only 3 ingredients: mango, fresh cream, honey, or sugar.
A very popular sweet dish based on common yoghurt, which is made with ripe mangoes.
Mango Papad ( Aam Papad )
A very easy and yummy 3 ingredient recipe that sweet and tangy in taste. It comes in uncountable categories in all over India with different shape, taste, appearances and qualities.
Highlighted Points Of Infographic
- This infographic is about the types of mangoes in India with complete information.
- It includes Price, Region, Maturity Time and Availability of the types of mangoes.
- The types of mangoes list Alfonso Mangoes, Kesari Mangoes, Dasheri Mangoes, Safeda Mangoes, and Langra Mangoes.
These are the types of mangoes, and we hope you get all the relevant information about mango farming and their uses. For more information about mangoes and for other data in India, please visit Tractor Junction, where you can get detailed information about mango farming, technologies and many others.