Two-Day Krishi Mahotsav: Pradarshani Evam Prashikshan is happening from 24th Jan to 25th Jan 2023 in Kota, Rajasthan.
Who’s Organising Krishi-Mahotsav 2023?
The event is organised by the Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India, in association with the Department of Agriculture of Government of Rajasthan. In addition, the aim of this two-day Mahotsav is to promote and develop the agricultural sector and rural development of Kota.
Who is Joining the Inaugural Ceremony on 24th Jan 2023?
Shri Om Birla, Hon’ble Speaker of Lok Sabha, Shri Lal Chand Kataria, Hon’ble Agriculture Minister of Government of Rajasthan, and Shri Udaylal Anjana, Minister of Cooperation of Government of Rajasthan, are attending the inaugural ceremony of Krishi Mahotsav in Kota.
Central government senior officials from the central government, state governments, and Indian agricultural research will also participate. In addition to this, almost 20,000 farmers, agriculture start-ups, employees from private agriculture institutions and extension workers are also attending the inauguration ceremony on the first day.
What to Expect From This Two-day Event?
Here are important things to expect at Krishi Mahotsav in Kota 2023:
- Discussion of Central and State government schemes through exhibitors at the Krishi Mahotsav.
- Stalls from private institutions exhibiting various innovative agricultural commodities.
- 150+ stalls to help farmers get information and accessibility to various agricultural inputs.
- Over 75 start-up stalls promote the emergence of start-ups in the field of agriculture.
- Farmers’ training programmes in agriculture, animal husbandry and horticulture.
Who Are All Joining?
- Agricultural universities, research institutes, and zonal agricultural centres are joining this two-day event.
- Officers and employees of the Agriculture Department.
- Over 15000 farmers on the first day and 20000 farmers on the second day are expected to gather.
Why Krishi Mahotsav in Kota, Rajasthan?
The aim of this event is to train, inform & engage farmers and agri-businesses. Furthermore, to route them towards advanced agricultural technology & production systems, agricultural machinery or farm mechanisation solutions like the latest tractors and farming implements to make farming a high-earning sector.
Closing Ceremony of Krishi Mahotsav 2023
The closing ceremony is on 25th Jan 2023. Moreover, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Hon’ble Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Shri Kailash Choudhary, Hon’ble Minister of State, Shri Lal Chand Kataria, State Agriculture Minister and Ms. Shobha Karandlaje, Hon’ble Minister of State are attending the event.