Sonalika entring into NBFC segment to finance tractor sales

Sonalika entring into NBFC segment to finance tractor sales

International Tractor Ltd (ITL) is foraying into non-banking non-banking finance segment to offer loans for its tractors besides other products in rural market, according to a top company official. 

The company has received nod from the government to enter the segment with a wholly-owned subsidiary, Autotrac Finance Ltd (AFL), and the move is expected to help it in meeting target of selling two lakh tractors annually in the next five years, Sonalika International Tractors Executive Director Raman Mittal told . 

"At present, 80 per cent of tractor purchase is financed and and the rest 20 per cent is on cash payment. However, whenever there is distress in the rural economy, the financing option is not available. So we thought of addressing this through our own captive financing," he said. 

Mittal further said AFL received the licence to enter the segment in August and by February 2019 the company is expected to start financing. 

When asked about investments in the venture, he declined to to share details but said, "In the short term of a two-year window we are looking at 10 per cent of ITL's business, business, which could translate to a book order of around Rs 500 crore." 

ITL is known for its Sonalika brand of tractors. It has also introduced new products under the Sikander range. 

On whether AFL would also finance tractors of other brands, Mittal replied in the negative and said, "We would look at diversifying portfolio by financing other products which are relevant to the rural market, not necessarily other tractor brands."

Last fiscal, the company had crossed the one lakh annual sales milestone and had set a a target of selling two lakh units a year in the next five years. As part of the plan, ITL is also entering the Chinese market this year. 
 

Source- https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com

 

 

Top Tractor News

ITL Commences Delivery of Solis Hybrid 5015 - 1st Hybrid tractor at Rs. 7.21 Lakhs

ITL Commences Delivery of Solis Hybrid 5015 - 1st Hybrid tractor at Rs. 7.21 Lakhs

ITL Commences Delivery of Solis Hybrid 5015 - 1st Hybrid tractor with Fully Advanced Japanese Hybrid Technology at Rs. 7.21 Lakhs

Shaktiman records Highest Sales growth in FY21 by selling 1.30+ Lakh Machines with 74% YoY Growth

Shaktiman records Highest Sales growth in FY21 by selling 1.30+ Lakh Machines with 74% YoY Growth

Shaktiman records Highest Domestic Sales growth in FY21 by selling 1.30+ Lakh Machines and became largest exporter of Farming implements from India

ट्रैक्टर इंडस्ट्री की वार्षिक रिपोर्ट : 26.86 फीसदी वृद्धि के साथ करीब 9 लाख ट्रैक्टर बेचे

ट्रैक्टर इंडस्ट्री की वार्षिक रिपोर्ट : 26.86 फीसदी वृद्धि के साथ करीब 9 लाख ट्रैक्टर बेचे

ट्रैक्टर इंडस्ट्री की वार्षिक रिपोर्ट : 26.86 फीसदी वृद्धि के साथ करीब 9 लाख ट्रैक्टर बेचे (Tractor Industry Annual Report: Nearly 9 Lakh Tractors Sold, With 26.86 Percent Growth),

Tractor Sales Statistics India FY 2021 - Sales Escalated by 26.86%

Tractor Sales Statistics India FY 2021 - Sales Escalated by 26.86%

In FY'21, domestic tractor sales recorded a boom of 26.86%. A growth displayed in comparison to the previous year as Apr’20-Mar’21 tractors sold 899429 units against 709002 units.

close Icon

Find Your Right Tractor and Implements

New Tractors

Used Tractors

Implements

Certified Dealer Buy Used Tractor